Coordinating your MHBP benefits with Medicare
MHBP knows that Medicare benefits alone may not meet your total health care needs or expenses. That’s why our Standard Option is the perfect complement when you have Original Medicare (Parts A and B) as your primary coverage.* Experience greater savings, comprehensive benefits and no claim filing hassles. Take a closer look at how Standard Option can benefit you.
MHBP Standard Option benefits when Medicare is primary
MHBP Standard Option offers you valuable benefits when you have Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) as your primary coverage.
What MHBP Standard Option with Original Medicare covers:
- 100% of your Medicare Part A deductible
- 100% of your Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare’s coinsurance that applies to physician and other outpatient services, eliminating most of your out of pocket expenses
- Comprehensive prescription drug benefits, including mail order pharmacy service for added savings and convenience
What MHBP Standard Option with Original Medicare waives:
- Your annual deductible
- Your cost-sharing (copayments and coinsurance) for care covered by both MHBP and Medicare
And with MHBP, you’ll get benefits for services that Medicare doesn’t cover:
- 100% coverage for Network preventive care - annual routine exams, immunizations and screenings like mammograms, PAP tests, PSA tests and more
- Overseas coverage - you get Network-level benefits for covered care anywhere in the world
- Chiropractic care - Medicare does not cover chiropractic care, but MHBP does (up to the 26-visit alternative care annual limit)
If you also have a Medicare Part D plan MHBP will coordinate benefits, but we will not waive our copayments or coinsurance.
If you still have questions, we’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (talk to a live person!). Call us at 1-800-410-7778, except on major holidays.
* The information on this page assumes that you are enrolled in MHBP Standard Option and that Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) is your primary coverage for health benefits. MHBP will not waive copayments or coinsurance for retail or mail order prescription drugs. If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, MHBP will not waive our deductible, copayments or coinsurance. When you are enrolled in MHBP Value Plan, MHBP will not waive our deductible, copayments or coinsurance.
To view and print PDF files, download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Locate a Provider
Enter a Zip Code