Case Management Approach
Our patient-centered clinical support means your health and well being is at the heart of everything we do. To support you our nurse case managers:
- Evaluate your medical situation to identify gaps in care
- Work with you and your physician to create a personalized care plan
- Support your treatment goals by collaborating with the treating physician(s)
- Assess the home environment and support systems
- Verify that appropriate medications and/or treatments are in place
- Help with health plan requirements for precertification, prior authorization, using Network providers, and more
- Educate you about programs and services available in the network and community
- Support preventive care
Ultimately, the level of our interactions with you will correspond to your specific needs.
Be aware of your rights and responsibilities as a participant in case management.
Disease Management Programs
If chronic condition(s) such as asthma, diabetes, chronic renal failure, congestive heart failure or others are part of your health picture, you may choose to participate in our voluntary Disease Management Program to receive additional support where we may:
- Provide you with condition-specific health care information
- Contact you periodically to see how you are doing
- Suggest coping strategies
- Explain techniques to help you and their doctor effectively monitor your medical condition
The Disease Management Program is part of your MHBP benefit package, and your participation is optional. If you register for the program, you may discontinue your participation at any time. To register for participation in the Disease Management Program, click the link below, or call us at 1-800-410-7778.
Register for the Disease Management Program Now >>
Be aware of your rights and responsibilities as a participant in this program.
Our nurses cannot diagnose, prescribe or give medical advice. Specific questions should be addressed to your doctor.
URAC-Accredited Clinical Management Programs
MHBP offers URAC-Accredited Case Management, Health Utilization Management and Disease Management (for six conditions: Congestive Heart Failure, Coronary Artery Disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease).
Locate a Provider
Enter a Zip Code