How To Enroll
FEHB Enrollment Instructions
If you are a new federal employee who will enroll for the first time, or you simply have an opportunity to switch your health plan, the information below will help you enroll in the MHBP plan of your choice. New hires have 60 days from becoming eligible to enroll for health coverage. Don't miss your opportunity to make a change that’s sure to benefit you.
How To Enroll in MHBP
Choosing the best health insurance plan for you and your family is an important decision. Now that you have made it MHBP makes the enrollment process easy. Follow our FEHB enrollment guide below to get started.
1. Get Started with MHBP FEHB Enrollment Codes
How to Enroll
Start by selecting the Enrollment Code for the MHBP Option you would like to enroll:
|Value PlanSelf Only||414|
|Value PlanSelf And Family||415|
|Standard Option—Self Only||454|
|Standard OptionSelf And Family||455|
|Consumer Option—Self Only||481|
|Consumer OptionSelf And Family||482|
For Federal and Postal Employees
Enroll online for your health benefits—various participating federal agencies provide this enrollment option for active employees:
- Employee Express—actively employed non-postal employees may use this website to enroll. Check to see if your agency is on the list of participating agencies.
- PostalEASE—provides a convenient, confidential, and secure way for U.S. Postal Service employees to enroll initially, change current enrollment, or cancel enrollment.
- MyPay--Health and Human Services, Department of Veterans Affairs and Environmental Protection Agency employees can enroll using MyPay.
- DoD Automated Systems—Department of Defense employees may use this site to enroll for benefits.
- DoE Automated Systems--Department of Energy employees may use this site to enroll for benefits.
- Employee Personal Page—if the National Finance Center processes your agencies payroll, you may be able to use this site to view your payroll, leave, travel, health and life insurance, savings bond, and other personal information.
If your agency doesn't offer online enrollment, see your employing office for an Employee Health Benefits Election Form. Fill it out and return it to the designated individual for your agency.
For more information on FEHBP enrollment choose from the following links:
Annuitants should use one of the options provided here to make an enrollment change outside of Open Season:
- Call our Retirement Information Center at 1-888-767-6738 (or 1-800-878-5707 for a TDD for the hearing impaired). Annuitants in the Washington DC local calling area should dial 202-606-0551 for a TDD for the hearing impaired.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view and print PDF files, download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader.