- About MHBP
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan is now MHBP
The Mail Handlers Benefit Plan, now known as MHBP, was created in 1963 and is sponsored by the National Postal Mail Handlers Union (NPMHU). We have served federal and postal employees and annuitants for over 50 years, offering comprehensive benefits at affordable rates.
MHBP offers health plans nationwide to federal and postal employees and annuitants. With any MHBP plan you choose, you'll experience:
- Access to a national Network of doctors, hospitals and other providers
- Network benefits when living, traveling or working abroad
- Freedom to use Non-Network providers and benefits too
- Referral-free access to specialists
- No enrolling with a primary care doctor
- No claims to file when you use Network providers
- Online tools and resources to help you manage your health care
- Friendly and knowledgeable customer service anytime —
24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Membership extras from MHBP that help you achieve more savings
Ultimately, we work hard for our members. MHBP demonstrates respect and concern by paying claims timely, being available 24/7, helping members get needed care, providing convenient resources, ensuring good access to doctors and hospitals, and delivering savings to help members stretch their dollars further. If you want a better health plan experience, then you want MHBP.
We are ready to serve you!